Lungshan Temple was built in 1738 by immigrants from Fujian Province in China as a branch of the original Lungshan Temple. It took five years to complete. The temple has played an important role in Manka’s development as the centre of religious, commercial, and political activities. Due to natural and man-made disasters the temple has been damaged and then repaired and renovated on numerous occasions.
It faces south with halls to the front and back and a central hall surrounded by protective dragons. The two bronze dragon pillars in the front hall, the four dragon pillars in the central hall and the wooden carvings are all exquisitely crafted. The shrine in the front hall is particularly outstanding. The temple columns, inscriptions and plaques are also worthy of inspection.
- Location: 211 Kuangchou Street, Taipei
- Telephone: (886-2) 2302-5162
- MRT- Take the Nankang Line directly to the Lungshan Temple Station.
- Bus- West, 9, 25, 38, 49, 62, 231, 234, 242, 264, 310, 601, 624, 628, 701 or 702 and get off at the Lungshan Temple Station.