The Martyrs Shrine is a traditional Chinese style building that resembles the Temple of Supreme Harmony of the Imperial Palace in Beijing. Surrounded by about five hectares of land, it was built in 1969 to commemorate the more than 330,000 soldiers who lost their lives during the Chinese revolution and the war against Japan. Inside the shrine are documents and photos of the war. A special attraction of the shrine is the hourly changing of the guard.
- Location: 139 Peian Road, Taipei
- Telephone: (886-2) 2591 4162
- Hours: Open daily from 9AM -5 PM
- Bus- 21, 42, 208, 213, 247, 267, 287
- Leisure bus 102 and get off at Martyrs Shrine Station.